Any of our overclocking on the VisionTek Radeon R9 270X 2GB OC resulted in issues with artifacts beyond around 30-50MHz on the Core, and anything above 50-100MHz on the RAM. When the overclocks were stable, the performance benefits were not that great, resulting in less than 1-2% change.
Overclocking this card isn't something that it was made for, and it already has some slight OC on its clocks as it is. But, it's definitely worth considering - if you wanted to buy this card for the overclock, you might want to steer clear.
If there's one thing that the VisionTek Radeon R9 270X 2GB OC does right, it's the power consumption. It's the most power efficient card we've tested so far, even when it's compared against the GeForce GTX 960 and its impressive Maxwell architecture.
The VisionTek Radeon R9 270X 2GB OC isn't the loudest card on our chart so far, but it does make some noise during Battlefield 4. Comparing this to the GTX 960 (which isn't on our chart at the moment - sorry), it is loud - as the GTX 960s make no noise during operation thanks to their super-cool operating temperatures.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario Tennis Aces will feature Diddy Kong & more as DLC's
- WWE 2K19 Special Editions revealed and release date unveil
- Disney and Nintendo partner for a Nintendo Switch TV show
- Gift Unravel Two on Xbox One and get 1 month of EA Access
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, playable in 2 weeks at CEO 2018
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- FS Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ 256GB SM-G965U New $751CAD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit