With these X99 GIGABYTE boards, you should really only use the classic mode (gray BIOS) by pressing F2 when you are greeted by the very basic mode upon entrance into the UEFI. From the classic mode, you can access all the settings, including overclocking.
GIGABYTE provides too many BIOS modes, they should really get rid of the orange overclocking-only mode, as it just proves to be a bit laggy, and unknowingly someone might use it instead of the classic mode (the gray BIOS). I don't even think GIGABYTE improves upon the orange overclocking-only mode, but I have seen improvements in the gray mode.
With BIOS update F9, GIGABYTE fixed the issue where some USB drives would cause the system to fail to finish POST, something that drove a lot of people crazy. However, with that fix, there aren't really any major bugs left, and overall the BIOS does a pretty good job of providing overclocking profiles for novice overclockers and settings for more experienced overclockers.
EasyTune is the go to program for most novice overclockers and it presents a decent amount of tuning options and monitoring. For more advanced overclockers, GIGABYTE Tweak Launcher (GTL) is much simpler and better.
GIGABYTE also provides other programs through the APP center such as @BIOS, Ambient LED, Cloud Station, Smart Recovery 2, Fast Boot, Smart TimeLock, and SIV.
Killer Network Manager and Creative's Sound Blaster suite are also provided.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI]
- Page 3 [X99-Gaming G1 WIFI Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Zombie outfit/snapshot filters come to Super Mario Odyssey
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam