ASRock's UEFI it's quite extensive and provides a large variety of options for tweaking. If you are a novice overclocker, there are also profiles in the UEFI for 4GHz with XMP and other higher speed overclocks. Since the release of the X99 chipset, ASRock has made improvements to allow the use of turbo multipliers without EIST enabled, as EIST can hurt storage performance.
A trick that another editor at TweakTown taught me is to go into the storage configuration and set each drive to SSD mode if it's an SSD, because by default, the ports are set to HDD mode for compatibility. Changing the drive mode to SSD will improve SSD performance. I found by manual measurement that LLC level 3 gives the least deviation from the set voltage. I do want to mention that the X99 Extreme6/ac is one of a handful of motherboards that had no problem recognizing all my drives at the same time and correctly booting the boot drive.
ASRock has consolidated a lot of its software into A-Tuning, which will let you set up functions like Good Night LED and Dehumidifier, while allowing you to overclock the CPU in real-time.
You can also choose operation modes such as performance or power saving.
Here is ASRock's XFast LAN, which is similar to CFOS, for the Intel port. ASRock's Home Cloud is also provided for the Atheros NIC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 Extreme6/ac]
- Page 3 [X99 Extreme6/ac Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Steam gives option to view user accounts 'total spendings'
- Sony launch PlayStation Hits, amazing titles for only $20
- Former Sony boss says cross-play block is 'money' related
- Kingdom Hearts III story re-explained by series of videos
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit