One of the things that I have always been pleased to see from be quiet! are cables of varying lengths. This time there aren't as many as usual, but there are a few different lengths of SATA cables which should help with some of the cable clutter inside a case. Aside from this, there are plenty of cables to make full use of the 800W available from the Straight Power 10 800W. I would like to see the FDD connector included as an adapter, though, as it simply isn't needed these days.
Rail distribution is split up quite well for the Straight Power 10 800W power supply. 12V1 powers the 24-pin Main and all peripheral cables. 12V2 handles the ATX 4+4 cable for auxiliary power to the motherboard. 12V3 and 12V4 each supply power to a pair of PCIE connectors. In this layout, the power supply is self-load balancing and you really shouldn't have to worry about overloading a single rail.
A Look Inside
Here's part of the secret to be quiet! being able to keep the noise down on the Straight Power 10. The clean layout with reduced component count helps fresh air get to the hot areas of the power supply easier. This means that less airflow is needed and the fan can run at lower RPM's to keep the unit cool.
A single Taiwanese Teapo capacitor can be found on the primary side of the unit.
The secondary side of the power supply features a random grab bag of capacitors including more Teapo, some Nippon Chemi-Con's, and more. It could be worse, but it certainly could be a lot better.
be quiet! uses their own Silent Wings 3 135mm fan to cool the Straight Power 10 series.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit