One of the things that I have always been pleased to see from be quiet! are cables of varying lengths. This time there aren't as many as usual, but there are a few different lengths of SATA cables which should help with some of the cable clutter inside a case. Aside from this, there are plenty of cables to make full use of the 800W available from the Straight Power 10 800W. I would like to see the FDD connector included as an adapter, though, as it simply isn't needed these days.
Rail distribution is split up quite well for the Straight Power 10 800W power supply. 12V1 powers the 24-pin Main and all peripheral cables. 12V2 handles the ATX 4+4 cable for auxiliary power to the motherboard. 12V3 and 12V4 each supply power to a pair of PCIE connectors. In this layout, the power supply is self-load balancing and you really shouldn't have to worry about overloading a single rail.
A Look Inside
Here's part of the secret to be quiet! being able to keep the noise down on the Straight Power 10. The clean layout with reduced component count helps fresh air get to the hot areas of the power supply easier. This means that less airflow is needed and the fan can run at lower RPM's to keep the unit cool.
A single Taiwanese Teapo capacitor can be found on the primary side of the unit.
The secondary side of the power supply features a random grab bag of capacitors including more Teapo, some Nippon Chemi-Con's, and more. It could be worse, but it certainly could be a lot better.
be quiet! uses their own Silent Wings 3 135mm fan to cool the Straight Power 10 series.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz