Let's dig deeper
At first the light construction may feel a little cheap, it's certainly much lighter than the CM Storm Ceres 500 in nature and the non-clamping nature of the design makes it feel a bit odd.
However, after using it for a while, the fact that it doesn't clamp tight and is so light really rubs off on you. The headset almost fells like it isn't even there and you begin to forget any niggling issues you may have had when it was put on.
The fact that it has leather ear cups and is so cheap is a major plus as a whole. Leather in my opinion is much better as it provides more comfort, is easier to clean, and can better withstand the test of time. There's nothing worse than sweating into a cloth sponge for years, whereas a simple wipe with a damp cloth all over will see the headband and ear cups cleaned completely.
The microphone is also quite small and non-intrusive. It's very thin and the bendable nature of the rubber construction means you can place it out of eyesight and right in front of your mouth.
The main improvements I would suggest for this model would be to change the design to clamp slightly more as it feels like it could fall off your head, and also an increase in the thickness of the headband wouldn't go astray either - not just for aesthetic purposes, but for comfort too.
A Dota2 analysis
Currently my game of choice, Dota2, helps test out various different parts of your sound experience. There's higher pitched sounds like an Orchid being applied to an enemy, alongside the meaty whack of Sven's sword cleaving through an entire creep wave.
This headset performs quite well and makes me question why exactly it's so cheap. What's my basic analysis? It sounds as good as the CM Storm Ceres 500 and the Tt eSPORTS Shock One HD 7.1 and will only set you back around 30% of these models from Amazon.
There is the common low-priced headset issue of slightly muddy bass and limited clarity when the going gets tough, however, it performs as well as models from companies whom have been in the business for quite some time - I'll mention some thoughts in the conclusion exactly why I think this model is so inexpensive.
Don't stop the music
Music is a big part of any gamer's experience these days. Services ranging from iTunes to Spotify keeps us connected to the musical world 24/7, whilst browsing Reddit, playing casual games, or relaxing while in matchmaking queue's.
Listening in to Pink Floyd's 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' reports back a great experience. The clarity in the Sentey Symph almost rivals that of the HyperX Cloud I headset which we have reviewed previously, and comes in at around $100 off.
Moving on to something a little heavier like 'Ayy Ladies' by Travis porter and Tyga accentuates the muddy bass, providing a similar experience to the original Tt eSPORTS Shock Headset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look, How They Feel and Listening Experience]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit