Let's dig deeper
When listening to songs that pack a little punch like Flume's remix of Disclosure and Eliza Doolittle's song You & Me, there is no rattling of the frame or speaker distortion, which shows initially that the product is well designed - adding yet another speaker to this list.
The connection ports on the back are well-placed meaning that if you decide to use an AUX input or keep it on charge, the cables don't hinder the looks or operation of the product.
The buttons are firm and have solid feedback, however, there are some issues when changing the time on the clock and it sometimes feels like these buttons are in some way not connected to the device at all - providing you with a slow response. As for general volume and play options, the buttons perform well.
$35 of fury
The volume levels are certainly enough to make my ears ring when sitting on my desk and pumped to 100% when paired with my Spotify-playing Samsung Galaxy S4, reporting similar sound levels to my previously reviewed (and much more expensive) Braven BRV-X and Braven Mira models.
When listening to the device at a leisurely level whilst writing this review, the sound quality is quite reasonable. It's certainly better than your phone speaker and the sound resonated well through the solid framework and design, but it is completely trumped by my Logitech X-530 speakers thanks to their addition of bass.
Similar to the Braven Mira, listening in to Duke Dumont's 'Wont Look Back' reports some muddy mid's followed by boring high's with the main difference coming alongside the bass drop as there isn't really one to be had. Unfortunately, due to the small speaker design, you're not going to have a great time if you're pumping this up to 100% and expecting window rattling bass, however, listening to death metal at half-volume is more than good enough for a small group or solo-listener to partake in.
If you're looking for more of a heavy metal example, one of the songs I test out all of my speakers with is 'The End of Heartache' by Killswitch Engage.
As stated previously, the product is small, looks very classy and is tied together well by a professional finish. It's going to provide you with adequate listening for basically any music type when played at medium volume.
Blasting this beauty as 100% won't necessarily see a degradation in sound quality, but you'll certainly come to notice that the heavy bass drops are non-existent when compared to other and more expensive models.
In its price range is our previously reviewed Arctic S113BT and I would recommend the Patriot BeatStreat over this model due to it's professional finish, alternative design and LED clock inclusion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & Listening Experience]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced