Let's dig deeper
When listening to songs that pack a little punch like Flume's remix of Disclosure and Eliza Doolittle's song You & Me, there is no rattling of the frame or speaker distortion, which shows initially that the product is well designed - adding yet another speaker to this list.
The connection ports on the back are well-placed meaning that if you decide to use an AUX input or keep it on charge, the cables don't hinder the looks or operation of the product.
The buttons are firm and have solid feedback, however, there are some issues when changing the time on the clock and it sometimes feels like these buttons are in some way not connected to the device at all - providing you with a slow response. As for general volume and play options, the buttons perform well.
$35 of fury
The volume levels are certainly enough to make my ears ring when sitting on my desk and pumped to 100% when paired with my Spotify-playing Samsung Galaxy S4, reporting similar sound levels to my previously reviewed (and much more expensive) Braven BRV-X and Braven Mira models.
When listening to the device at a leisurely level whilst writing this review, the sound quality is quite reasonable. It's certainly better than your phone speaker and the sound resonated well through the solid framework and design, but it is completely trumped by my Logitech X-530 speakers thanks to their addition of bass.
Similar to the Braven Mira, listening in to Duke Dumont's 'Wont Look Back' reports some muddy mid's followed by boring high's with the main difference coming alongside the bass drop as there isn't really one to be had. Unfortunately, due to the small speaker design, you're not going to have a great time if you're pumping this up to 100% and expecting window rattling bass, however, listening to death metal at half-volume is more than good enough for a small group or solo-listener to partake in.
If you're looking for more of a heavy metal example, one of the songs I test out all of my speakers with is 'The End of Heartache' by Killswitch Engage.
As stated previously, the product is small, looks very classy and is tied together well by a professional finish. It's going to provide you with adequate listening for basically any music type when played at medium volume.
Blasting this beauty as 100% won't necessarily see a degradation in sound quality, but you'll certainly come to notice that the heavy bass drops are non-existent when compared to other and more expensive models.
In its price range is our previously reviewed Arctic S113BT and I would recommend the Patriot BeatStreat over this model due to it's professional finish, alternative design and LED clock inclusion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & Listening Experience]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a trip with 'Paddington' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit