This section will begin with a look at power regulation, and then shift into general circuit component selection and implementation.
The VRM on this board is powered exclusively by International Rectifier, which is one of the preferred manufacturers for overclockable VRMs. An IR3563B is an eight-phase digital PWM, and while only six of the eight PWM channels are utilized, it still is more than enough to get the job done. Each phase gets an IR3550 power stage, which are rated at 60A. These are extremely high-quality VRM components, and they are a wise choice considering the limited nature of Micro-ATX PCB real estate. There are nine 560uF solid-polymer capacitors for a total of 5040uF.
EVGA is doing an excellent job with the memory VRMs. Two IR3570 power both VRMs for both sets of DIMMs. The IR3570 is a 3+2 phase digital PWM, and they are being used as 2+1 phase PWMs in this case. There are three IR3553, which are 40A integrated power stages for each set of two DIMMs. Each set of two DIMMs gets two phases for the main DDR4 voltage, and a single phase for the VPP. This is one of the better-equipped memory VRMs designed for high overclocks.
The audio is powered by an ALC1150 with an unknown chip labeled "AIG BCN." It could be an operational amplifier, or it could be some type of chip to enhance the performance of the ALC1150 - most likely for the front-panel audio header. There are specialized audio capacitors as well.
These LEDs help diagnose any issues you might encounter. I am also focusing on the USB headers since their implementation is worth noting. EVGA provides inserts to protect the ports from the elements, and even provides ESD protection ICs (diodes) to protect against deadly ESD.
The X99 Micro has a single NIC powered by an Intel i217v.
The BIOS ROM is a 128Mbit part, and the sticker is covering up a Fintek F71889A, which is the main Super I/O. It should handle the majority of monitoring and controls; however, there is also a Nuvoton NCT7802Y that provides extra SIO capabilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 Micro]
- Page 3 [X99 Micro Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit