The ZMAX as we expected wasn't quite as fast as the PowerColor 9100IGP for gaming when using onboard graphics as it is quite commonly known that ATI have got one of the best (if not the best) integrated graphics engines on the market. You can see though when it comes to synthetic memory and CPU scores, the ZMAX system from Iwill holds itself extremely well and when we placed an ATI Radeon X800PRO inside both systems under 3DMark2001 SE, the Iwill ZMAX was well ahead as the numbers showed.
With this said, if you are really wanting to get the maximum performance out of your small form factor, you need to add in your own external AGP graphics card which can be done with great ease - even with the 250 watt power supply, the ZMAX had no problem powering the X800PRO, Western Digital Raptor hard drive and DVD burner.
While we did have intentions to overclock the system we didn't have much luck since we had problems booting over 205MHz, like the ZEN small form factor system from Shuttle. You can't buy these systems expecting to reach insane overclocking speeds; they just aren't designed for overclocking. You want a small form factor that has the ability to handle a high-end AGP card, have the ability to use the latest processors and run 100% stable at default operation. The ZMAX is able to do this and more which makes it an excellent choice for users interested in upgrading their old small form factor or just want to enter into the small form factor realm.
One thing we did notice which was missing was entertainment connectors on the back I/O plate such as S-Video and RCA video out for a home entertainment setup. And as we mentioned earlier in the review, the inclusion of the faster 802.11g standard would have been nicer than 802.11b but at least some form of wireless is included.
All in all we have a good first attempt from Iwill with just a few minor cons but we hope that they decide to stay on the Small Form Factor bandwagon with some more and exciting models in the future.
Good gaming performance with X800PRO
Great looking case
Well designed cooler
802.11b wireless, 54mbps 802.11g would have been nicer
Very slim package
Installation wasn't simple
Poor onboard graphics performance
Not many video output options
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 3 [First Glance and The Contents]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 4 [The Internals]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2004]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Graphics Tests]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE with ATI Radeon X800PRO]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions