Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3GHz "C"
Motherboard(s): PowerColor Medusa ATI 9100IGP Pro (Supplied by TUL Corporation)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Kingmax PC4000 (Supplied by Kingmax)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 36GB 10,000 RPM SATA
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 4.9 and DX9c
We have put the Iwill ZMAXap against PowerColor's latest 9100IGP Pro motherboard which is using the latest Pentium 4 chipset from ATI. This will give you an idea of how the two chipsets compare against each other and how the FlexATX motherboard that Iwill uses handles itself against a full size ATA motherboard.
We have used a few synthetic benchmarks along with 3DMark2001 SE and Quake 3 Arena to give you an all round view of the performance of these setups. As it is known that the ATI 9100IGP chipset has a better graphics core built into the chipset, we will also have a quick look at how both systems handle 3DMark when we install an ATI Radeon X800PRO into the systems.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2004 SP2
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
The memory bandwidth as you would expect is quite poor on the ATI chipset, compared to the all mighty Intel 865 chipset. The ZMAX scores extremely well here against the full size ATX PowerColor motherboard.
ATI haven't been able to optimize the chipset quite as well as Intel since ATI are still only quite new to the chipset market. In the synthetic tests you can clearly see that the ATI lags behind and the little Iwill system stands up quite well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 3 [First Glance and The Contents]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 4 [The Internals]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2004]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Graphics Tests]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE with ATI Radeon X800PRO]
- Iwill ZMAXap - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard