Let's dig deeper
So, what exactly does $2-$3 get you and how does it compare to other similarly-priced or even more highly priced products?
Firstly the feel, the previously quoted cloth cable feels very much like a thin version of "military grade cloth weave" cables as seen with gaming peripherals from most companies like Logitech, Tt eSPORTS, and Razer. The in-ear rubberized grommets are extremely soft and vary largely in size in order to fit all wearers, alongside the item as a whole feeling extremely sturdy.
Thankfully, I've had no issues as of yet with cable tangling due to the cloth design being very smooth and it doesn't catch on itself easily. Often you'll have an issue of untangling cables due to the plastic material sticking to itself and not sliding free, however, this style of cable will save you many headaches overall.
In the end, there's no real way you could tell that these earphones are extremely cheap. The design looks nice, it's simple and the edges are well-cut and not rough like most cheaper options. Compared to this plethora of $2 products I used to use throughout high school, this one blows them all away. What's even better is the black design and cloth cable keeps it looking fresh and clean, unlike my dirty-looking white rubber/plastic Samsung Galaxy S4 earphones and charging cable.
How does it compare?
Comparing this product to my current Samsung Galaxy S4 provided earphones and my previously used Tt eSPORTS Isurus Dub in-ear headset, this is certainly a strong contender.
I like to use my earphones primarily for gym purposes, meaning it's imperative that not only can it handle bass-laden tracks well, but it can block out the terrible gym music and all those around me. The third necessity is seemingly obviously, but I'll include it anyway - they need to be comfortable enough to last at least 1.5 hours without discomfort.
Using the same song examples as seen previously with my Noontec Zoro II HD review, quieter tracks also travel fairly well with this device, seeing Twenty One Pilots' 'Ode To Sleep' report back fairly good overall sound, but if you're really wanting to get the most out of your cheap products, you're better off sticking to something that's a bit more of a 'banger' with heavier drums or bass hits.
When listening to some chilled-out rap like that from Nas, the mid and high range sounds are a little muffled, as you would come to expect, however, I'm still blown away as this thing only cost me so little.
I'm certainly impressed and also happy I took the $2 plunge to buy this product - there's nothing much more to say really. I could sit here all day linking hundreds of suitable heavy hitting tracks that compliment it well, however, it's just not worth it - just imagine anything heavy metal, hardstlye, house or trance.
If you're wanting an earphone option for use at the gym or commuting, especially if you like bass-laden music and loud volume, this product may be perfect for you. If you describe yourself as a non-audiophile and want a cheap solution that won't break the bank if they end up stepped or sat on, you've come to the right place.
I've eluded to some previously used products above and I would rate this in-ear peripheral as a better experience than my stock Samsung offering and certainly on-par with the $35 Tt eSPORTS ISURUS DUB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & Listening Experience]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019