Let's dig deeper
The structure as a whole feels extremely sturdy and well constructed, the design looks good and the clip for your carabiner seems extremely solid, meaning you should have no issue storing this on the outside of your hiking backpack through the wind, rain and snow.
It looks nice and is built well, how exactly does it sound? For $129 AUD, you're obviously going to expect some fairly decent sound quality, however, a lot of this cost would be going into the design and materials needed for the solid structure. Still, it's double the price of the Braven Mira, and three times the price of Arctic's S113BT.
When listening to songs that pack a little punch, like Flume's remix of Disclosure and Eliza Doolittle's song 'You & Me', there is no rattling of the frame or speaker distortion which shows initially that the product is well designed and uses quality parts.
The plug which hides the internals is well sealed and has a solid grip on the product, meaning no pesky water will make its way inside.
The buttons give good feedback and have a solid click to them, although their function can be little confusing. If you hold down the power button for too long, you're going to turn the product on and off in one go, however, if you don't press it for long enough, nothing will happen. Sometimes the top light has a mind of its own too, seeing you turn it on and off constantly before you get the timing just right.
The volume levels are certainly enough to make my ears ring when sitting on my desk and pumped to 100% when paired with my Spotify-playing Samsung Galaxy S4, showing similar levels to our previously reviewed Braven BRV-X in 'outdoor mode'.
Unfortunately, there's just an overall lack of 'punch' when playing most music. Sure, the volume is there, but you're not going to be rattling any windows and your music will feel a little lifeless. Don't get me wrong, most Bluetooth speakers are the same, but I feel that this device has poured all of the research and development into providing you with an amazing frame and skimped out a little on the actual drivers themselves.
There are issues added when listening to songs that call for maximum clarity - this is when all Bluetooth options start to suffer. Listening to Duke Dumont's 'Wont Look Back' reports a hollow musical experience coupled with disappointing bass drops, however, the sheer volume can be seen as somewhat of a saving grace overall if you're needing to project the sound to multiple people.
Moving on to a heavy metal experience like 'The End of Heartache' by Killswitch Engage, you're going to have a slightly better time, with the vocals sounding better than some other speaker offerings thanks to the lack of bass.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & Listening Experience]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit