With a "solid aluminum alloy body wrapped in rugged durable high elastic silicon", as quoted on the packaging, this product is marketed at those who would like their music on the go and whilst outdoors.
Suitable for a hiking adventure, camping trips or a family picnic, the Rock 7 will have three main issues to combat with these claims:
- Will the sound carry enough?
- Will the quality be sufficient?
- Will there be any sound distortion when at high volume?
Read on to find out exactly how the product performs in 'the wild'.
Connecting to your device through Bluetooth 2.1 or higher, you will see most older major manufacturer devices supported ranging from the iPhone 3 to the iPod Touch 3rd generation and the first iPad edition. There's also the option to connect through a 3.5mm AUX input, however, this will negate the water resistance of this product when utilized.
The 2000 mAh internal battery provides you with six hour playback time, alongside a 6-8 hour charging cycle from empty to 100% as charge input is unfortunately limited to 0.5A only.
One of the cool features is the lamp-style LED light located at the top of the device, this light gives you an illumination distance of just under 30 feet and draws less than 1w from the device itself.
As for the speaker, provided is a 2-inch driver pumping out 3W RMS, coupled with a claimed 30ft Bluetooth connection range. There's also the ability to take calls through your smartphone, with a built-in microphone supplied.
Lastly is the chassis material, as touched on above. Complete with a "solid aluminum alloy body wrapped in rugged durable high elastic silicon," the Rock 7 claims to be "highly resistant to the elements."
Pricing & Availability
Sitting a little high on the price scale, the Rock 7 will set you back $129 AUD from their official online store at the time of writing. Rated at double the price of our previously reviewed Braven Mira, will the sound quality and metal chassis be enough for us to recommend the product?
What's in the box?
Once again, providing a fairly simple package as is commonly seen with these types of products, tearing open the packaging presents you with a metal carbine clip, a micro-USB charging cable and the included user manual.
Unfortunately, there's no AUX 3.5mm cable included in the package, which is disappointing, coupled with the fact that there is no carry case. It can be argued that the carry case isn't a necessity as the product itself is durable and water resistant, however, it's a nice addition to help with travel and keeping your product clean.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & Listening Experience]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit