All tests were run with 6 times FSAA and 16 times Antistrophic Filtering enabled with the screen resolution set to 1024 X 768.
When running these aggressive detail settings in 1600 x 1200, games really do become unplayable and if people are after image quality they will have to drop the resolution back down to reach playable levels.
1024x768 was chosen as it is still the preferred playable resolution with these settings enabled.
The 9800 XT has only managed to increase its lead over the 9800 PE when we enable high quality graphics settings.
Unreal Tournament 2004
The 9800 PE is just playable here in UT2004 at this level of graphics quality.
Simply put, the 9800 PE doesn't have enough power to run Doom 3 at this level of detail - even the more expensive 9800 XT is finding it hard to keep up.
Again we have a similar story between Doom 3 and Far Cry here - the 9800 PE just isn't built for this level of graphics quality with recent release games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 2 [In The Box]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 3 [The Card and Overclocking]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series