Cryorig R1 universal CPU Cooler
From this angle, the R1 Universal does not seem all that different from the R1 Ultimate right now. We still see the 140mm fan with its four-pin PWM connection covering the surface area offered by the fins.
It isn't until you spin the cooler to the side that the difference between this R1 Universal and the R1 Ultimate becomes apparent. At the left of the cooler we see a thin fan up front, and in the middle we find the thicker fan used to cool the second tower.
All we see at the back of the cooler is the dense stack of black fins. While they are hard to see in the fin stack, you can see the pipes at the bottom of the stack.
With this shot we will address the aesthetic makeup of this design. The contrast of grey fans on the white shrouds is nice, but we really like that the exposed fins are black, but the natural aluminum still peeks through as well. Also, there is a groove in the trailing edge of this design to allow for a third fan.
The view of the R1 Universal that most users will see through the window of the chassis is indeed a nice sight. The grey, white, and black color scheme is attractive, and this combination of colors and the "cr" logos make this one of the best looking dual-tower coolers offered by any manufacturer.
At the bottom we find the fins are pressed onto the heat pipes right where the natural aluminium and painted sections of the fins connect. Cryorig also took the time to make sure the shroud covers the natural section of the fins under the cooler, proving that no detail of this design was left to chance.
The base and pipes are made of copper, but they are plated to fight oxidation. The surface of the base is milled in a radial pattern, and even with the plating, these marks are plainly visible on this slightly convex base.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cryorig R1 Universal CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit