Cryorig R1 universal CPU Cooler
From this angle, the R1 Universal does not seem all that different from the R1 Ultimate right now. We still see the 140mm fan with its four-pin PWM connection covering the surface area offered by the fins.
It isn't until you spin the cooler to the side that the difference between this R1 Universal and the R1 Ultimate becomes apparent. At the left of the cooler we see a thin fan up front, and in the middle we find the thicker fan used to cool the second tower.
All we see at the back of the cooler is the dense stack of black fins. While they are hard to see in the fin stack, you can see the pipes at the bottom of the stack.
With this shot we will address the aesthetic makeup of this design. The contrast of grey fans on the white shrouds is nice, but we really like that the exposed fins are black, but the natural aluminum still peeks through as well. Also, there is a groove in the trailing edge of this design to allow for a third fan.
The view of the R1 Universal that most users will see through the window of the chassis is indeed a nice sight. The grey, white, and black color scheme is attractive, and this combination of colors and the "cr" logos make this one of the best looking dual-tower coolers offered by any manufacturer.
At the bottom we find the fins are pressed onto the heat pipes right where the natural aluminium and painted sections of the fins connect. Cryorig also took the time to make sure the shroud covers the natural section of the fins under the cooler, proving that no detail of this design was left to chance.
The base and pipes are made of copper, but they are plated to fight oxidation. The surface of the base is milled in a radial pattern, and even with the plating, these marks are plainly visible on this slightly convex base.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cryorig R1 Universal CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic delays full free-to-play version of Fortnite into 2019
- Oculus co-founder Brendan Iribe leaves company
- EA shakeup prompts Jade Raymond's departure
- Fallout 76 has 150 hours of side quests, will grow over time
- Halo 6 being developed with esports in mind
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam