Installation and Finished Product
The only concern here is matching the holes in the plate with the screws that protrude from the socket. The washers keep this isolated and away from the circuitry, and you can see the studs will not twist when you are tightening the rest of the hardware.
To complete the first part of our installation we did the following: with the board flipped over, we dropped the black standoffs over the studs, installed the brackets in the proper orientation, and secured it all with the thumbscrews. At this point, the completed hardware should be solid and have no play.
Now you just need to apply some thermal paste to the CPU, and after removing the front fan, grab the included screwdriver and drive the screws in until the threads stop. Of course, during this process be sure to alternate between screws, making a few turns each time, and repeating this pattern until it is fully screwed into place.
It is strange to have such a small cooler peeking out from behind the memory, and the small stature definitely provides advantages in clearance.
One of those clearance advantages is that once installed, the NH-U9S is completely clear of the memory slots. Regardless of whether you like to run naked sticks or those with huge spreaders and a fan, the clearance offered by this cooler will accommodate.
As we step back a bit to see just how deep the cooler reaches across the motherboard, with the height of the front fan for reference, you will notice it is very easy to get the second fan on this cooler and remain within the original height specifications.
Three other points about the cooler can be seen in this image: the small stature of the cooler leaves the first PCI-e slot completely clear, access to the motherboard screws is fully afforded, and the cooler is aesthetically pleasing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-U9S CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty WWII reigns U.S. game sales charts
- Infinity Ward opens new studio in Poland
- Zelda director has 'lots of ideas' for new DLC, games
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Adventure Time will get a new Open-world RPG early 2018
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series