The SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X consumes a serious amount of power compared to the likes of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, consuming up to and sometimes over 450W (full system). It'll be interesting to see how much this is reduced when AMD launches the new Radeon 300 series in the next few months.
As you can see, when the SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X card consumes a gigantic 625W maximum when overclocked. It did spike to 690W during some of our Metro: Last Light testing, which was quite scary to see from a single GPU setup.
We're finally setup with some sounds testing equipment, where the SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X pushes out some serious sound at 100% fan speed. At 50%, it's much better - and that is enough to keep your card nice and cool.
We will be filling this chart out in the next week or two, with all of our cards tested so far.
We actually took a very detailed look , at SAPPHIRE's impressive OC software 'Trixx' a while ago now on so things haven't changed much there at all.
It's still an impressive piece of software, and made the overclocking process on our SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X much easier to deal with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging & Box Contents]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 5 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 7 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 8 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 9 [Performance - 4K]
- Page 10 [Performance Summary]
- Page 11 [Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption, Sound Testing and Software]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- I am a little OCD b450m pro4 temperature sensors
- Is the X399M Taichi discontinued or something?
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct