The SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X consumes a serious amount of power compared to the likes of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, consuming up to and sometimes over 450W (full system). It'll be interesting to see how much this is reduced when AMD launches the new Radeon 300 series in the next few months.
As you can see, when the SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X card consumes a gigantic 625W maximum when overclocked. It did spike to 690W during some of our Metro: Last Light testing, which was quite scary to see from a single GPU setup.
We're finally setup with some sounds testing equipment, where the SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X pushes out some serious sound at 100% fan speed. At 50%, it's much better - and that is enough to keep your card nice and cool.
We will be filling this chart out in the next week or two, with all of our cards tested so far.
We actually took a very detailed look , at SAPPHIRE's impressive OC software 'Trixx' a while ago now on so things haven't changed much there at all.
It's still an impressive piece of software, and made the overclocking process on our SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X much easier to deal with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging & Box Contents]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 5 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 7 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 8 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 9 [Performance - 4K]
- Page 10 [Performance Summary]
- Page 11 [Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption, Sound Testing and Software]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series