Test System Setup
We used default BIOS settings for all of the tests we have run.
This is the CPUz screen showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2687w v3 CPUs. These CPUs have a max of 160 watts TDP. These are 10 core CPUs with hyper-threading, giving us 20 cores/40 threads to work with. The CPUs have a stock speed of 3.1GHz, and they turbo up to 3.5GHz. The memory we used in our tests is 128GB of SKhynix DDR4 CL15 2133 MHz. The features of the E5-2687w v3 processors are as follows:
The Intel Xeon E5-2687w v3 processors are very powerful CPUs that are perfect for a workstation like the P900. They have good stock speeds, and they can turbo up to an impressive 3.5GHz.
Many features like VT-x and VT-d can come in handy if you plan to use VMs on the system. Virtualization (VT-x) features lower entry/exit latency, which reduces VMM overhead and increases overall virtualization performance. VM control structure (VMCS) shadowing enables efficient nested VMM usages such as manageability and VM protection.
Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) 2.0 has also been updated to AVX2, which uses 256-bit floating-point SIMD instructions. This will allow you to use up to twice the amount of packed data with a single instruction.
Turbo and AVX Improvements will automatically allow processor cores to run faster than the rated speed and AVX frequencies - if they are operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.
The video card that came with our system is the NVIDIA Quadro K5200. The K5200 and other NVIDIA video cards available for the P900 make the workstation certified to run many key professional independent software vendor (ISV) applications, including Adobe, Autodesk, Dassault, PTC, SolidWorks, Avid, and Siemens.
The main specification list for the NVIDIA Quadro K5200 is shown here. The K5200 is a powerful workstation video card, and it is able to run demanding applications. The K5200 also provides users with the ability to use OpenCL and Cuba applications on the P900.
Here you can see the GPUz screenshot for the K5200, which gives us a detailed breakdown of the specifications. Now, let's move forward with testing the Lenovo ThinkStation P900 Tower Workstation.
We will show test results from actual workstations we have tested, and not just motherboards. Workstation load outs can affect scores, so workstation scores will be markedly different from the scores of motherboards that have fewer options installed. We will also keep this on same socket setups so we will not mix processor classes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Bundled Software]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [System and CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [UnixBench 5.1.3 and SPEC CPU2006v1.2]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam