The white-trim and brown-panel packaging is typical for Noctua coolers. The NH-D9L name appears at the left with a QR Code, and it is repeated at the top right of the brown panel. Just above a view of the heat pipes, we find a list of eight features, and off to the right is a silver sticker stating the cooler has full 3U compliance.
On this side of the box we find the brown panel contains the specifications charts, which are broken up into sections for the cooler and the included fan. This section also covers what can be found inside the box with the fan and cooler. Noctua even took the time to offer tiny dimensional renderings, so customers understand the size and shape of the cooler.
On the back of the packaging we find a statement about the NH-D9L that includes what inspired it, and what sort of ideas lead to the development of the feature set that this cooler offers. This information is repeated in seven languages to cover Noctua's international markets.
The last side of the packaging displays icons for nine features found in this design. There is a full statement explaining the features to the right of each icon. Along with a notation indicating where this cooler was made, we also see a mention of the six-year warranty.
When the box is initially opened, you are first greeted with the SecuFirm 2 mounting system and accessories box. It plainly shows what you will find inside of it, but we will still cover those items later.
After getting everything out of the outer packaging, we find the cooler inside of the lower two sections under the hardware box. To protect the cooler further, it is packed inside of yet another box. Inside of the cooler box you will find the cooler with a clip on base cover, a pre-installed fan, and a bit of cardboard between the fan and the other tower. All of this packaging allowed our cooler to arrive in perfect condition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-D9L CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- We are sorry to see that you haven't been 100% satisfied with the NH-D9L.
The performance results look good to us. After all, this is a hot CPU and a
small cooler, and it seems to have kept up with larger models pretty well.
Of course, it will not rate too well when measured on a price/performance
scale. It goes without saying that you will get more performance for your money if you go with a 120mm model, but this is not what we're aiming for with this model. The point is to deliver the best possible performance at a given form factor for people who can not fit bigger coolers and who are ready to spend a bit more to get a premium quality solution. Think of the quality concious buyer
who has a D15 in his main rig and now wants to build an ITX based HTPC.
We apologize for the missing spacer. Things like that are very rare to occur,
but can happen with one out of a thousand coolers or so. We always do our
best to get the custumers the required parts as soon as possible in such
As for the fan touching the fins, this depends on where you mount it. We
have extra anti-vibration pads on the low end of the fins and if you move
the fan all the way down, the upper anti-vibration pads will touch the fins.
As for total height, the review units we've sent out stem from the last
pre-production run and there was indeed an error which led to the 2mm
excess. Production units now come at 110mm height as advertised. Note that even 112mm will fit most 3U cases though. As for the fan, if you move it all the way
down after tightening the screws, it should not be higher than the tips of
As for vibrations in general, we haven't had any complaints about vibrations
with the NF-A9 fans at all so far and the feedback of testers and customers
alike was very positive. As with the spacers, we can never completely
outrule the possibility that there's a defective fan out of a thousand or
that it got damaged in shipping, but so far both reviewers and customers
have been very satisfied with this model.
The same goes for the towers being bent: We go out of our way to protect the
coolers as good as possible but with the way parcels are handled, it can
occur that a unit arrives bent. Generally, the D9L package works well
though, we haven't had any other complaints regarding bent coolers either
from reviewers or customers.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Possible new Fornite maps photographed at GDC 2018
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit