SiSoft Sandra 2004 Professional
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2004 SP2 is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
There are two different test utilities you can run when testing processors under Sandra. The first test is called an Arithmetic Benchmark and tests the processor's ability to handle numerical and floating-point calculations. The numeric tests are measured in MIPS (Millions of Instructions Per Second) and the floating-point tests are measured in MFLOPS (Millions of FLoating-point OPerations per Second). A quick look at the graph shows a very noticeable increase in performance when raw number crunching is utilized, but a more meager improvement when dealing with floating-point operations. The numbers work out to a 28% increase under the arithmetic tests and a 6% increase in the floating-point testing phase.
The second set of tests is called a Multi-Media Benchmark and tests the processor's ability to handle data commonly used in multi-media presentations. It does so by generating a picture of the Mandelbrot fractal using various iterations of each data pixel. The results show how well a tested processor handles these tasks. A comparison between our overclocked Athlon XP and the Athlon 64 shows a 10% and 15% increase respectively for the integer and floating-point aspects of this test.
So far it seems that the Athlon FX is holding its own with no troubles, but there are a lot of tests to go so lets see how well it does with the Futuremark series of benchmarking utilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AMD FX-53 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 2 [The Processor]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setups]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - MadOnion/Futuremark]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark3]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - UT 2004]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- Battlegrounds inspires VR-style 'PUBG' game
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard