The price: I've said it before, for $10 you may as well just buy two.
The key-ring and cord: Often overlooked with battery packs, this inclusion means you can hang the device by your door and never forget it.
The shape: It's awkward and can stick into your legs uncomfortably. It's best off keeping this product in your handbag, backpack or car.
The capacity: With only 3,000mAh in the tank, many users are likely to end up short.
Input and output limitations: Limited to 1A input and output, don't expect your devices to fly to 100%, alongside this product will charge itself around 2% every minute on your standard USB wall-charger.
The 1A output mixed with an awkward structure means that those looking for a tiny portable option may have to search somewhere else. However, the price is crazy-cheap at $10, and the 3,000mAh battery will get most users through a full day of medium to heavy phone use.
If they could increase the battery capacity to 4,000mAh and the discharge rate to 2.1A, I think a $15 price could be easily justified, but for the price, this product does exactly what the description says, no matter how low the spend may be.
Coming in at $7 less than the 2,600 mAh Hue Stik, I think I could manage having a slightly less 'professional' finish in order to save the money and get the extra 400 mAh - just in case. What's the moral of the story? It's cheap for a reason, but it still performs well enough for me.
PRICING: You can find the ScaleUp 3000mAh Mobile Battery with LCD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ScaleUp 3000mAh Mobile Battery with LCD retails for $9.99 at Amazon.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (Amount of mAh)||65%|
|Quality including Design and Build||70%|
|Bundle and Packaging||60%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||74%|
The Bottom Line: With only 3,000mAh in the tank and slow USB power ports, this product has an LCD screen, flashlight and it's listed at a ridiculously-low price. It's not the greatest portable charger ever made, but for the asking price, it is worth considering.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti AMP! smile for photos
- EVGA's new GeForce RTX 2080 XC Ultra unveiled
- Palit's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti GamingPro pictured
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- Z68 Fatal1ty with Mushkin 2133 RAM errors
- Buy (10) Apple iPhone X $4,490 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada