Test System Setup
We used default BIOS settings for all tests that we performed.
This is the CPUz screen that shows various stats of the Xeon E5-2620 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a max TDP of 85 watts. Each CPU has six cores, and we will be running a dual CPU system. This gives it 12 cores/24 threads total. The E5-2620 v3s are low power processors that run at 2.4GHz, and will turbo up to 3.2GHz.
The E5-2620 v3s are labeled as Comms/Storage straight-adopt server SKU, and have support for a long life under server usage conditions. These are actually perfect CPUs to use for a server of this type. However, they are not monster number crunchers, which we will see in our upcoming benchmarks, but they do have the ability to handle storage solutions very well.
In our tests, we will be using the new Crucial DDR4 memory, which has a speed of 2133 MHz and a rating of CL15. We will use eight 16GB sticks, and that will bring us to 128GB of RAM.
We have already taken a look at these memory kits, and you can find our review here: Crucial DDR4-2133 DRx4 RDIMM Memory Review - Testing up to 256GB.
Here we can see the timings of the Crucial DDR4 memory that we will be using in our tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit