Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
The GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC has a great factory overclock, but it still had some wiggle room for an overclock that we were able to perform. We cranked the factory overclock on the Base Clock from 1266MHz to 1380MHz, which resulted in the Boost Clock being pushed up from 1329MHz to 1443MHz.
We weren't able to shift the RAM speed up that much, but when we did we didn't see a shift in our results, so we kept it at 7010MHz. Let's get into the results of this overclock on the GTX 960 EXOC.
Starting our overclocking part of the GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC with Battlefield 4 at 1440p and its Medium preset, where we see the minimum frame rate jump up from 74FPS to 81FPS and the average from 101FPS to 109FPS. Not bad for free.
The same can't be said for the Ultra (minus AA) results, where the average jumps from 71FPS to 72FPS - a single frame per second. But, the minimum FPS which is just as important, leaps from 40FPS to 51FPS - a great result.
Metro: Last Light
Metro: Last Light always benefits from the overclock on our video cards, with the GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC being no exception. We see the average FPS jump up 10%, from 34FPS to 37FPS.
Heaven - 1440p
I expected more from Heaven and our overclock, but the minimum FPS stays the same at 14FPS, while the average FPS slumps over by a single frame per second, to 30FPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower