Marketed as great to use with your Apple MacBook, notebook or Windows 8.1 tablet, a docking station is a handy addition when suitable exterior display and LAN ports are not available, generally the case if the device you're using has been designed in an ultra-thin package.
This HIS Multi-View portable docking station is one of two in the series. Its bigger brother, the Multi-View x2 offers similar features, but contains the addition of more displays, USB ports and audio options.
Whether you need a docking station or not is up to you, however, this review will go over some of the good and bad points that this product has to offer.
All running through a single USB 3.0 cable, this product offers you display output options of either VGA or HDMI, offering resolution support of up to 2048 x 1152 pixels.
Also featured is a single USB 3.0 port and a Gigabit Ethernet socket, all of which work on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Mac OS 10.9.
These features are all wrapped up in the 12.4 x 5.5 x 1.7cm shell and weighing in at a tiny 140 grams - around the same as you would expect from most headsets. It's also worth mentioning that although it is USB 3.0, the website claims that this product is backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 ports, but that will most likely reduce performance.
Pricing & Availability
We found the device listed on Amazon for a fairly reasonable price of $81.99 at the time of writing.
What's in the box?
Presented in an extremely simple package, the Multi-View's box simply contains the unit itself, a quick-start introduction manual, and an installation mini-CD for Apple Mac and Windows platforms.
The driver CD is well laid out and easy to understand, alongside the PDF manual contained within. This is a plus when compared to other brands, as the manual will take a little bit of reading - unless you get lucky with the set-up.
Make sure you read the quick-start paper guide before installing your product, otherwise problems may occur later. Take note of the part that says "DO NOT connect the docking to a computer before installing the provided driver."
PRICING: You can find the HIS Multi-View USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station (HDOCKP) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam