Marketed as great to use with your Apple MacBook, notebook or Windows 8.1 tablet, a docking station is a handy addition when suitable exterior display and LAN ports are not available, generally the case if the device you're using has been designed in an ultra-thin package.
This HIS Multi-View portable docking station is one of two in the series. Its bigger brother, the Multi-View x2 offers similar features, but contains the addition of more displays, USB ports and audio options.
Whether you need a docking station or not is up to you, however, this review will go over some of the good and bad points that this product has to offer.
All running through a single USB 3.0 cable, this product offers you display output options of either VGA or HDMI, offering resolution support of up to 2048 x 1152 pixels.
Also featured is a single USB 3.0 port and a Gigabit Ethernet socket, all of which work on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Mac OS 10.9.
These features are all wrapped up in the 12.4 x 5.5 x 1.7cm shell and weighing in at a tiny 140 grams - around the same as you would expect from most headsets. It's also worth mentioning that although it is USB 3.0, the website claims that this product is backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 ports, but that will most likely reduce performance.
Pricing & Availability
We found the device listed on Amazon for a fairly reasonable price of $81.99 at the time of writing.
What's in the box?
Presented in an extremely simple package, the Multi-View's box simply contains the unit itself, a quick-start introduction manual, and an installation mini-CD for Apple Mac and Windows platforms.
The driver CD is well laid out and easy to understand, alongside the PDF manual contained within. This is a plus when compared to other brands, as the manual will take a little bit of reading - unless you get lucky with the set-up.
Make sure you read the quick-start paper guide before installing your product, otherwise problems may occur later. Take note of the part that says "DO NOT connect the docking to a computer before installing the provided driver."
PRICING: You can find the HIS Multi-View USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station (HDOCKP) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Battlegrounds already has over 1 million playing on Xbox One
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series