The ASRock X99 WS-E/10G is a stunner. Not only does it perform as described, it does so with grace.
Not once did I have any weird issue, even with all the complex circuitry on the board, everything worked as it should. BIOS had no major issues, and overclocking was very easy through the UEFI.
The 10G NIC actually performed at 10G speeds which is something I have never seen a consumer board do, let alone one that can overclock! The X540 and the pair of PEX8747s don't come without added cost, both of them heat the system and use more power. However, that is expected, and ASRock has designed this board so that the system can still be overclocked, just as if it was a normal X99 motherboard.
The one huge downside to this board is its cost. At $670, this is the most expensive X99 motherboard. However, with that price comes features you cannot get in one package from any other board. The 10G NIC alone will cost you anywhere from $300-$500. A motherboard with dual PEX8747 and the same quality will cost you around $400-$500. Having the 10G NIC not take up any PCI-E slots so you can use 4-GPUs is priceless.
While the X99 WS-E/10G is one of the most expensive X99 motherboards, I don't think there is another motherboard with as many features so perfectly implemented. As long as price is no issue, I highly recommend the X99 WS-E/10G to anyone looking for a workstation motherboard with overclocking capabilities, 10Gbit LAN, and 4-way GPU capabilities in an easy to use and dependable package.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking)||95%|
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||91%|
|Value for Money||89%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: As long as price is no issue, I highly recommend the ASRock X99 WS-E/10G to anyone looking for a solid workstation motherboard with overclocking capabilities, 10Gbit LAN, and 4-way GPU capabilities in an easy to use and dependable package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 WS-E/10G]
- Page 3 [X99 WS-E/10G Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [The BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25