The ASRock X99 WS-E/10G is a stunner. Not only does it perform as described, it does so with grace.
Not once did I have any weird issue, even with all the complex circuitry on the board, everything worked as it should. BIOS had no major issues, and overclocking was very easy through the UEFI.
The 10G NIC actually performed at 10G speeds which is something I have never seen a consumer board do, let alone one that can overclock! The X540 and the pair of PEX8747s don't come without added cost, both of them heat the system and use more power. However, that is expected, and ASRock has designed this board so that the system can still be overclocked, just as if it was a normal X99 motherboard.
The one huge downside to this board is its cost. At $670, this is the most expensive X99 motherboard. However, with that price comes features you cannot get in one package from any other board. The 10G NIC alone will cost you anywhere from $300-$500. A motherboard with dual PEX8747 and the same quality will cost you around $400-$500. Having the 10G NIC not take up any PCI-E slots so you can use 4-GPUs is priceless.
While the X99 WS-E/10G is one of the most expensive X99 motherboards, I don't think there is another motherboard with as many features so perfectly implemented. As long as price is no issue, I highly recommend the X99 WS-E/10G to anyone looking for a workstation motherboard with overclocking capabilities, 10Gbit LAN, and 4-way GPU capabilities in an easy to use and dependable package.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking)||95%|
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||91%|
|Value for Money||89%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: As long as price is no issue, I highly recommend the ASRock X99 WS-E/10G to anyone looking for a solid workstation motherboard with overclocking capabilities, 10Gbit LAN, and 4-way GPU capabilities in an easy to use and dependable package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 WS-E/10G]
- Page 3 [X99 WS-E/10G Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [The BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- AMD could secure up to 30% of the CPU market by Q4 2018
- GIGABYTE teases its AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 launches October 17 for $499-$599
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner