Benchmarks - Database Workload
We don't expect many prosumers to use the AS7004T to run the system for database use, but the system does show good performance under this workload. Some of the other products deliver better throughput, but the AS7004T delivers very low latency, and you want the lowest latency possible in a database.
Benchmarks - Workstation Workload
We do suspect many AS7004T owners will run programs from the system over iSCSI; this is a common task at my office, and my home. Using iSCSI gives a separate computer a drive letter that links to storage on the NAS. This comes in very handy with large Steam accounts. Again, the AS7004T delivers the data with very low latency, even in the stock configuration with 2GB of DRAM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Software Features]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [ASUSTOR AS7004T 4-Bay NAS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - RAID 5 Single Client Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Database and Workstation Workloads]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Server Workloads]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]