I had the opportunity to use some high quality Kingston HyperX Impact (8GB) DDR3L rated at 1600MHz and two SSDs.
The first SSD is Intel's 530 360GB M.2 drive which is a mainstream part, and Samsung's XP941 240GB which is an enthusiast part. I have separated results for both in storage testing, system testing, and thermal testing as storage makes a noticeable difference in those tests.
I also decided to toss in an Ultrabook into the benchmarks, the Ultrabook is a GIGABYTE U2442N which features a dual-core Ivy Bridge CPU and a dedicated NVIDIA GT 640M for comparison.
CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
PCMark8 Home Test
PCMark8 Work Test
The Intel NUC5i5RYK and the Ivy Bridge based Ultrabook are very close, despite the fact that the NUC5i5RYK draws half the power and that the Ivy Bridge CPU runs faster than the i5-5250U. Memory performance of the NUC5i5RYK is very impressive as well.
UNIGINE Heaven 4.0
Lost Planet 2 DX11
Resident Evil 6
The Intel NUC5i5RYK has HD6000 graphics, but the Ultrabook is using a GT640M, which is a discrete graphics adapter which accounts for the Ultrabook coming out ahead. However, the UNIGINE results are interesting as the HD6000 beats the GT640M.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's game engine woes lead to cancellations, layoffs
- New Avengers game monetized with cosmetics
- Breath of the Wild sequel may be dark, gritty, and dramatic
- Terminator in lots of new games except...a Terminator game
- Nintendo is looking at game streaming tech
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- TweakTown's Best of E3 2019 Awards
- Q1900DC-ITX No Video Output
- PC won't post after power outage
- Fort Boyard - The game will be available soon
- The Retro Scifi Game on Steam, 'I am Not a Monster' has a Single Player Campaign in Development called 'First Contact' set to Launch 2H 2019
- Buoyant Bounces Onto Mobile Devices Today
- Now Available on PC/Mac: Chook & Sosig: Walk the Plank
- Japanese character introductions of Ryuko and Satsuki for KILL la KILL - IF released