The JBOD comes in a rack-mountable 19" 2U chassis with a solid construction. There are 24 ports for storage devices, and fan and power-fail notification lights near the right handle. A reset alarm button silences the alarm.
The rear of the chassis reveals 12 SFF-8644 HD MiniSAS receptacles. Each dual set of connectors attaches to four drives, and there is the option to connect the second cable to enable dual-port functionality. Two large 12V fans provide copious airflow to the chassis, and we can see the dual PSU arrangement.
The 48-pin 500W PSUs are hot swappable, and each has its own AC inlet. The chassis alarm sounds if power is lost to either PSU, or if the chassis fans fail.
The drives are plugged into six separate backplanes that are routed to the rear of the chassis. Each backplane has two connections routed directly to the rear of the unit. Power is served from a small PCB at the base of the chassis, and two connectors supply each backplane with power.
The Dual HD MiniSAS Receptacle (SFF-8644) to Dual Int MD MiniSAS Plug (SFF-8643) adaptors are present along the rear of the chassis. These convert the internal receptacles to external. These connectors can be purchased separately from Serial Cables, and we have used them extensively to convert internal RAID controller connections to external cabling.
Drive sleds are an often-overlooked component that can have a long-term impact. One of the impressive aspects of the eight-bay JBOD was the smooth drive sled operation, and this held true for the 24-port model as well. Many enclosures are not well aligned with internal backplanes. This creates friction when installing drives, and the friction sometimes requires a bit of force to overcome. The design of the Serial Cables drive sleds provides plenty of airflow through the front of the sled; they are also aligned perfectly, and provide reliable and smooth operation. We tested several types of SSDs and HDDs with the enclosure, and we were impressed with the smooth operation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [SA-ENC12G-024A Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Possible new Fornite maps photographed at GDC 2018
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit