Let's dig deeper
So, where exactly does it sit? The product descriptions claim that it's a high-end and almost-audiophile grade and the RRP claims it's a little higher than the mid-range, but the current price-point suggests its much lower than both of the previous categories.
Using an on-ear design, I was immediately sceptical, often having quite uncomfortable, light, harsh and cheap-feeling Bluetooth headphones to test in the past - the ARCTIC P614 BT blew all of these out of the water. Not only is it comfortable on your head, but it feels solid, well built and light all at the same time. You won't get the lovely 'cupped head' feel that an expensive pair will give you, however, it's perfectly suitable as a travel companion.
Although it clamps a little tightly on your head, wearing this device for a few hours whilst writing this review didn't report back any 'hot ear' issues, however, it did make them a little sore. A quick adjustment (seeing them sit lower on my ears) removed this fact.
Where the ear cushions meet the main frame is an extremely common spot for headphones to break their internal cables and lose sound intermittently or completely. This product does it the smart way, as seen with many other offerings these days, by providing an external headset cable only for the small section between the end of the frame and where your ears meet the sweet, sweet tunes.
These headphones are also adjustable, however, on use it feels almost like you're going to rip the product in half just by doing so. But our main issue, as touched on previously, is that microphone.
I rang my girlfriend to test it out, and to put it simply, the microphone just isn't sensitive enough. If you've used online VoIP programs like Ventrilo, Teamspeak or Mumble before, you would have likely come across people who use the 'voice activated' settings on their system - this means that every time they talk, the computer will sense it, turn on their microphone transmission, and send it to all who will listen. Set your threshold too high (like what is seen with these headphones) and you'll end up cutting off the start and end of every sentence.
To put it more in perspective, instead of the person on the line hearing "Hello, how are you?" they will instead hear "-llo, how are y-"? Frustrating for sure and it adds the P614 BT as yet another Bluetooth product where the included microphone is practically useless.
The leather ear cushions also do a great job of muffling exterior noise, along with maximum-volume music not leaking too much into your surroundings - this means that screaming children on flights won't bother you too much.
What's our main issue with the product? No 3.5mm support! Sure, it's designed for portability and with Bluetooth/NFC operations in mind, but what if you want to use it with your non-Bluetooth iPod, with your home PC in an emergency or even quickly plug it into a friend's laptop?
Sure, 3.5mm AUX support isn't the be-all-and-end-all and doesn't nullify this product completely, but I feel it's such a simple addition and can be very useful in various situations that it should be included for sure. Even if it adds $3 or so to the retail price, so be it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Fortnite made $126m on PC last month, PUBG made $103m
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered ships WITHOUT multiplayer?!
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit