Don't be fooled by their simplistic website - Justin Power Products provide amazingly elegant, stylish and well-thought out portable power solutions.
I seriously can't go far without a power bank these days. Whether you're travelling on business, simply visiting clients, or out for a fun-filled day without a wall-socket available, you'll find your phone running extremely low even with 'general use'. Think about a public transport (train) trip into the CBD for example, this is some of the stress your phone will be under:
- Spotify constantly pumping beats in the background
- Mobile and 3G/4G reception constantly dropping in and out due to tunnels
- Friends organizing where to meet over Facebook messenger
- Checking your Facebook notifications
- A quick scroll of Instagram updates
- A refresh or two of your Twitter feed
- Activation of your GPS when you get off the train to figure out where you're going
- You forget to close all the apps you're not using
5pm rolls around and you hear the well-known 'bloop bloop' of your smartphone informing you that you only have 15% of battery storage remaining. Furious, you open up the control menu only to find that GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G and full screen brightness is still activated - never fear, the Justin Portable Slim is here! Whip it out of your pocket, plug it in and feed on the sweet, sweet glory that is 2,000 mAh of life-saving juice.
With the TYLT 5,000 mAh being my current potable option of choice, can the Justin 2,000mAh overtake this? Read on to find out.
Specifications and Pricing
Featuring 2,000 mAh of internal storage, a brushed metal finish, and a handy leather carry pouch, this charger comes with the ability to rock it solo (without the pouch) or be easily stuck on if you see fit. We found it online for sale for around $40.
It's also got one of the best battery capacity meters I've ever seen with clearly displayed LED's marking 25%, 50%, 70% and 100% levels on the exterior of the device. Most other chargers have one, two or three randomly displayed or colored lights that loosely represent different battery levels, making it generally very hard to see where they stand exactly.
Of course, because this is only 2,000 mAh, don't expect to round up your mates and pump all of their Galaxy Note's full to the brim - 2,000 mAh will equal realistically about 1,850 mAh when injected into your phone thanks to losses in power, meaning that by my calculations this equals:
- 66% of a Samsung Galaxy S5
- 63% of an iPhone 6 Plus
- 102% of an iPhone 6
- 57% of a Google Nexus 6
What's in the box?
Alongside the unit itself and some short manuals, included is the synthetic leather carry case, designed for holding the small charging cable that comes with the device - set to utilize the one included cable to complete various tasks including charge and discharge of the battery thanks to a range of adaptors included within the box.
The cable itself is micro-USB male to micro-USB male in design and comes with two adaptors - a micro-USB female to USB-male and a USB-female to micro-USB female port. These two adaptors insure that no matter what your set-up (Android standard providing), you can charge and discharge the device.
Complications then come with alternative devices. For example, if you have an iPhone, you will have to either get your own micro-USB to Apple cable, or you could use their micro-USB female to USB female converter - adding your pre-existing Apple cable into the mix. Confusing? Yes. Handy? Also yes. However, this makes for quite a lot to carry - nullifying the small, light and simple design.
The actual box itself is nicely produced and displays the product well, without you having to open and flaps or really dig deep into the exterior.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new stronghold comes tomorrow in latest update
- Prediction: new PS5 streaming service to blend games & film
- RAGE 2 is a live service game without multiplayer
- Leffen casts Super Smash Bros. Ultimate training aside
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'pretty different' from E3 2018 gameplay
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- Header Bidding Manager platform breaking updates. April'19 release
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks