It's cool and it's useful... kind of
Like I said at the start, unless you have a specific purpose or need in mind for this device, it's not really for you. However, if you're in need of something like this - you're going to praise it as a life-saver. This product tests out well, feels durable and does everything that the website says.
One of our main issues, however, is the actual transportation and storage of this device. The little cover is simply slip-on, meaning you get the feeling that one day the button will just slide out - never to be seen again. If they could build a little metal chain or cord into the device itself without the need for the weird-looking hook cover, this device would be even more complete.
Rubber coating and sturdy feel: It feels nice on the outside and seems like it will last many handbag-rides, chest-high drops onto pavement and years of random wear and tear.
Small package: Just too big to fit in your wallet, Apotop have done a great job in keeping the size small - as long as you're not using the hook cover.
Responsive application: As I said before, the app is crazy-fast when taking images and has all the features that your stock Android camera does - this is certainly a major plus when compared to other forced camera inclusions tied in with products.
The price: Coming in at $24.94, I feel that this product is a little over the price-range for an 'impulse-buy' or complete bargain offering - if they could somehow bring this down to around the $15 mark, I can see a few friends of mine picking them up. Selfie sticks are only $9 here in major retailers in Australia, I just don't think this device is big enough of an improvement for the general stock-standard user.
The cover: Unless you're looking to hang it off the gold chain hanging around your neck, the weird rubber hook cover is bigger than it needs to be, doesn't hold the device in firmly, and is almost useless. If Apotop could just include a way to attach a cord directly to the product, it would make for a much more appealing device.
Limited uses: It's certainly great at what it does, but as I've said many times in this review already, unless you have a specific need for this product, you will likely not find it useful at all.
There's nothing exactly wrong with the Apotop i-Selfie Join Me, you just need to make sure that it suits your needs.
If you're looking for a cool impulse-buy, want to show off to your mates or have a legitimate business application for the product, by all means, go ahead. If you're not into cool, quirky and gimmicky technology - this isn't for you.
PRICING: You can find the Apotop Wireless Snapshot for iOS and Android (BL_i-Selfie Join Me) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance and Range||95%|
|Quality including Design and Build||90%|
|Bundle and Packaging||55%|
|Value for Money||65%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||77%|
The Bottom Line: With a specific purpose in mind, the i-Selfie Join Me does exactly what you think it would and does it fairly well. Some people will love this mobile device, and others will be left wondering.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & How it Performs]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega Red Dragon: triple-fan custom card
- Qualcomm Snapdragon-powered notebooks: EPIC battery life
- PlayStation and Xbox cross-play is inevitable, says Epic
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit