While there are some things the Shield GS-6090 has improved upon over the years, not everything was hunky-dory. On paper, the feature set seems impressive with the fan controller, compact size, and aggressive aesthetics all in play. However, in reality, it's difficult to provide a reason for you to opt for this chassis. For every good feature, there was a flaw.
We don't speak for every enthusiast or gamer out there, but we have a very good idea of what the market wants. Enthusiasts do not need instructions, but many gamers will since not all of them are experienced builders, and the provided instructions are poor. Additionally, the design may be attractive to some, but we think Sentey may have taken it too far - even far enough to block most of the convective cooling this case offers at the top. Things like twist locks for the ODD bays, and the rainbow assortment of wires were also disappointing. Almost everywhere you look, it feels almost as if Sentey threw in the towel and just pieced together some random parts from the bin.
It is very uncommon for us to be so harsh to a company and their product, but maybe this should be directed at their marketing team, as they are likely the ones who thought it was cool to label this as an "Enthusiast Gaming Chassis" right there on the box. The promise of an enthusiast level chassis really raised our expectations, and overall, we feel let down.
It is really too bad that Sentey couldn't pull it together, because the chassis is solidly constructed, but the looks and failures we have covered here are too difficult to overlook. At this point in time, we really can't recommend that anyone purchase this chassis without some sort of a revision, or at least stepping up the quality control. For now, we feel you can spend your money much more wisely.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||69%|
|Bundle and Packaging||68%|
|Value for Money||60%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||67%|
The Bottom Line: While some may like the Shield GS-6090, in today's market, there needs to be certain things to compete. Quality control, functional features, hardware and instructions to finish the build. Sentey seems to think these are not necessary things to ponder!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Sentey Shield GS-6090 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Shield GS-6090]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series