HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
To measure and compare sequential performance, we use 64KB blocks. The Plextor M6 Pro averages 452 MB/s in this test. That's a bit under many of the drives on the chart, but it's also a bit over some of the others.
The sequential write performance averages 375 MB/s, and the minimum and maximum numbers came in a tight group. As you can see on the chart, this isn't a guarantee with newer flash and advanced SSDs that use a SLC layer to hide write performance that drops off when the buffer is full.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52
After a number of sequential and random writes, we tested the Plextor M6 Pro 256GB with 128K sequential data to look for performance drop off in the write test. The target drive only had one severe dip that sent the write performance to around 30 MB/s.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:33 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Plextor M6 Pro 256GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Initial Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]