When taking the MSI GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G OC Edition out of the box, you'll have a ZeroFrozr sticker on the front. You'll obviously need to remove this before using it, but it highlights the fact that this card is completely silent during some operation. MSI warns gamers that this will happen, so don't worry if your shiny new GTX 960 is totally silent, it's a good thing!
Face on, the MSI GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G OC Edition is a beautiful card. We have the signature red and black design from MSI, with two great fans to keep the card cool. We go into greater detail on the cooler below.
On the back, there's not much to see. MSI has chosen not to deploy a back plate, but we can see the massive heat sink array popping its head up at the top of the card.
MSI has stuck very close to the reference GTX 960 from NVIDIA when it comes to display connectivity, which is great. We have three DisplayPort outputs, one HDMI 2.0 and one Dual Link DVI.
Here, we have the elaborate heat sink design, and the 8-pin PCIe power connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Box Contents]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 5 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 7 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 8 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 9 [Performance - 4K]
- Page 10 [Performance Summary]
- Page 11 [Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 13 [Software]
- Page 14 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]