A Dota 2 and Wickland FPS analysis
I have used the headset for approximately 12 different games of Dota 2, ranging from playing hard-carries to solo-lane farmers and 'bait and switch' support roles.
The headset lacks some bass as you should come to expect with all models based around the price range of $50-$80 retail. This lack of bass means the headset performs well when playing heroes with non-hard hitting spells like massive critical strikes on Phantom Assassin or Drow Ranger - but if you're looking for a bass-rattling massive impact ultimate experience like a Tidehunter Ravage, expect you to leave the game wanting something more.
Wickland is an extremely cheap indie-developed arena FPS, based on the Unreal Engine - seeing similar game-play to Quake live, but with a medieval and monster twist.
This is where lack of bass shows. If you've got bombs exploding around you, shotgun shells going off and various things blowing up in the distance, the last thing you want is a large amount of bass rattling your ears and helping you lose focus.
Think about this logically for a second - what kind of sound is a footstep? Footsteps are extremely important in most FPS titles, allowing you to hear where enemies are coming from and prepare accordingly - you can't hear this valuable information if you're being fed rumbling bass that overpowers everything else on offer.
As for the microphone - no issues here whatsoever. This headset provides a nice and clear sounding voice, not disrupted by quiet speaker-played music in the background of my room.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market