A Dota 2 and Wickland FPS analysis
I have used the headset for approximately 12 different games of Dota 2, ranging from playing hard-carries to solo-lane farmers and 'bait and switch' support roles.
The headset lacks some bass as you should come to expect with all models based around the price range of $50-$80 retail. This lack of bass means the headset performs well when playing heroes with non-hard hitting spells like massive critical strikes on Phantom Assassin or Drow Ranger - but if you're looking for a bass-rattling massive impact ultimate experience like a Tidehunter Ravage, expect you to leave the game wanting something more.
Wickland is an extremely cheap indie-developed arena FPS, based on the Unreal Engine - seeing similar game-play to Quake live, but with a medieval and monster twist.
This is where lack of bass shows. If you've got bombs exploding around you, shotgun shells going off and various things blowing up in the distance, the last thing you want is a large amount of bass rattling your ears and helping you lose focus.
Think about this logically for a second - what kind of sound is a footstep? Footsteps are extremely important in most FPS titles, allowing you to hear where enemies are coming from and prepare accordingly - you can't hear this valuable information if you're being fed rumbling bass that overpowers everything else on offer.
As for the microphone - no issues here whatsoever. This headset provides a nice and clear sounding voice, not disrupted by quiet speaker-played music in the background of my room.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- NVIDIA's new GeForce Game Ready 416.94 drivers released
- NVIDIA announces Quadro RTX 4000: Turing goes single-slot
- US rapper Soulja Boy announces his own... CONSOLE?!
- Overwatch update adds Ashe, balances everything else
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms