Cryorig H7 CPU Cooler
We like that the H7 comes out of the box almost completely ready to go onto the CPU it is intended to cool. The fan, which has anti-vibration pads on both sides and is already clipped onto the fins, is pre-installed to further simplify life for those who pick up the H7. It is also easy to see the cut outs in the frame that allow this fan to pull more air than the standard design.
Once we remove the fan from the front of the H7, it is much easier to see the Hive Fin layout. Only the front section of the cooler is designed this way, and it's done to remove disturbances and increase the air flow. We can also see the X-bar mounting bracket that is pre-installed and ready to go.
On the side of the cooler, we see a section at the front that is somewhat closed off; this section is opened enough to accept the fan clips, just like the trailing edge. We can see through the open section of the side that the fins are already flat, and that they do close off the majority of the section to keep that 49 CFM inside of the cooler.
Looking at things from the back, we see that Cryorig opted out of a flat edge, and offers peaks and valleys to support a second fan, and still offer the fans a bit of room to build pressure. We can also see that the pipes are offset as they run through the fins, and are not all kept in a straight line.
The fan lead is a bit in the way, and while it is a bit tough to see the convex alignment of the trio of heat pipes, we can see they are leaning away from the memory, and will afford this cooler ample room for any sort of memory installation.
In most designs these days, the front of the cooler behind the fan tends to match the trailing edge. With the Hive Fin arrangement, we find the front is flat while the sides and back edge carry the style of the black top plate and the caps covering the copper heat pipes.
At the opposite end of the H7, we find the fins have been pressed onto the heat pipes, but the other end of the pipes are soldered into the copper base. We also see that Cryorig ships this cooler with a protective film that has red printing to make it obvious that it needs to be removed.
Placing a couple of thumbscrews on the base shows the level of polishing on the base, or lack thereof in this instance. While the base is slightly convex in shape, the entire surface has been milled in a half circular pattern, and the milling marks are left as the final surface texture.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cryorig H7 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today