Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
At idle, the Nepton 240M kept the processor at 26.5 degrees, but once the stock clock load was applied, we found the Nepton 240M did well with a 49.5 degree result. Getting into the top ten in our charts is rather tough, but the Nepton 240M made a serious run for it, and we find these results to be respectable.
At idle, we found no difference in temperature compared to stock clocks, but with the overclock applied, the temperatures moved up to 69.42 degrees on average. While thirteenth place doesn't seem that great, keep in mind that it is only about 3.5 degrees from first.
Noise Level Results
With 7.5V supplied to the fans, AIDA was reporting a speed of 2486 RPM, and the pump was spinning at 2600 RPM as well. The pump cannot be heard over the fans, and as for this pair, they gave us a 33 dB reading on the meter.
With the fans set lose to do what they do, we found them turning at 2356 RPM, and delivering 52 dB of noise into our office. We do like that these aren't obnoxiously loud when in use, and with the rubber gasket in play, there is no way for the chassis or the radiator to amplify the harmonics.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series