Installation and Finished Product
Since the head unit ships without mounting hardware, we took the pair of Intel brackets, slid them into the sides of the head unit, and screwed them into place with two screws for each half of the bracket. With long slots at the ends of the brackets, the mounting screws will slide to align with all Intel sockets it is compatible with.
When you go to use the back plate, either the AMD or Intel naming should be visible to help with orientation when the plate is on the motherboard. It offers isolation material on both sides, and you also need to install the screws and clips into the ends in the appropriate locations for your socket of choice.
With the back plate now ready, we dropped it onto the back of the motherboard, and it shows the Intel moniker facing outward when installed in the proper way.
This set of thick standoffs has to be installed to hold the back plate onto the motherboard. They offer washers at the bottom so the motherboard will not be damaged, and you can make sure everything is good and tight.
Now all we have to do is add the thermal paste, set the head unit on the CPU, alternate the screws, and send them into the standoffs until they run out of threads. At this point, the unit is very solidly mounted, and should have no play at all.
When it comes to making sure not to encroach on other motherboard components, the Nepton 240M passes with flying colors. We can obviously see there is plenty of room for all memory slots, even if you have some crazy thick spreaders on them.
This image definitely shows the amount of distance the radiator can be away from the motherboard, as the top of our D-frame is much higher than 95% of the cases out there, and will even allow for front mounted applications. Now all we need to do is fire this rig up so we can get to the results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25