Supermicro Hyper-Speed technology includes several options in the BIOS to increase system performance. In fact, what this does is increase the BCLK of the processors that raises the CPU and memory frequencies.
We have four different levels of Hyper-Speed available to us, but level four is not recommended. Not all CPUs can support level four.
Each level of Hyper-Speed raises the BCLK by ~1.3MHz.
Level 1 = 101.3
Level 2 = 102.6
Level 3 = 103.9
Level 4 = 105.2
In the past, we have noted on several other reviews that most CPUs can support an increase of the BCLK to 104; many CPUs cannot go higher, even with Vcore increases. This is why we think level four is not recommended.
On all of our adjustments using Hyper-Speed, we also turned on Hyper-Turbo. CPUz can report slightly different speeds depending on what the system is doing at the time the screen shots were taken, so the numbers report may not be exact.
Here we show a CPUz screen shot of our E5-2699 v3s with Hyper-Speed set to level one. We can see the BCLK has been adjusted to 101.3. We started with a base memory frequency of 1833 MHz, and now we are at 1890.4 MHz with level one enabled.
After setting Hyper-Speed to level two, we now have a 102.45 BCLK, and memory frequency of 1912.4 MHz.
With our final Hyper-Speed setting of level three set, we can see a 103.77 BCLK, and memory frequency adjusted to 1937.2 MHz.
With these adjustments in mind, we should see our E5-2699 v3 speeds adjust as follows:
Base Speed = 2.3 GHz
Level 1 = 2.329 GHz
Level 2 = 2.359 GHz
Level 3 = 2.389 GHz
Memory Frequency Adjustments.
Base Speed = 1833 MHz
Level 1 = 1890.4 MHz
Level 2 = 1912.4 MHz
Level 3 = 1937.2 MHz
Clearly, these are not huge adjustments to the system, but they do increase system performance. It is extremely hard to boost CPU frequencies on dual CPU systems like these; multipliers are locked, and these CPUs can only handle a small about of BCLK adjustment. With that in mind, Supermicro created Hyper-Speed systems, which work very well, and make it simple to increase system performance.
We decided that we would push our testing a little further than we normally do with the X10DAX. First, we will see how a normal system would perform, and then we will set Hyper-Speed to Level three, and run the tests again.
Let's engage Hyper-Speed, and start testing!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Hyper-Speed]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [UnixBench and SPEC CPU2006v1.2]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced