Test System Setup
The platform that the X10DAX motherboard uses is the Wellsburg (Intel C612), with new Haswell-EP processors. The processor we will be using is the Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3, which features 18 cores; hyper-threading is used on these tests.
The Wellsburg Platform (Intel C612) will have support provided for four to 18 cores with dual socket capability. TDP ranges from 55W up to 160W for workstations. Memory is now DDR4, and can gave a frequency of up to 2133 MHz. The E5-2600 v3 processors use two QPI 1.1 channels with up to 9.6 GT/s. These processors support PCIe 3.0 with up to 8 GT/s, and 40 lanes. The chipset will be Wellsburg PCH. This gives support for a huge number of SATA ports at 10. A large number of USB devices can be used with six USB 3.0, and eight USB 2.0 ports. Wellsburg (C612) also supports DMI2 with four lanes.
Here we get a look at the task manager for our test system, which shows 36 cores / 72 threads that two E5-2699 v3 Xeon processors supply. These two CPUs provide a staggering amount of cores/threads in our test system.
In our tests, we will be using the new Crucial DDR4 memory, which has a speed of 2133 MHz, and is rated at CL15. We have already taken a look at these memory kits, which you can find here: Crucial DDR4-2133 DRx4 RDIMM Memory Review - Testing up to 256GB.
Here we can see the timings of the Crucial DDR4 memory that we will be using in our tests. As we filled every slot with memory sticks, the speed will drop to 1833 MHz.
Here we see how the memory in Slot /DIMMs per channel can effect memory speed. Okay, let's get on with testing, and take a look at Supermicro Hyper-Speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Hyper-Speed]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [UnixBench and SPEC CPU2006v1.2]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Avengers 4: End Game Trailer, 289 million views in 24 hours
- Concerns about Super Smash Bros. UItimates 'Spirits Mode'
- RTS title 'Conan Unconquered' announced for PC on Steam
- Kingdom Hearts III - Opening Cinematic ft Skrillex & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1st DLC fighter: Persona 5's 'Joker'
- This is about an Asus X541N laptop
- H61 Ivy Bridge upgrade issue
- Asrock Z370 Taichi Debug Code 00
- Arena Clash 'Overwatch, League of Legends and Tekken 7 Tournament Finals Head to Stratford
- Shoot the Virtual Dead in GUNGRAVE VR! Launching on PlayStation VR TODAY!
- McLaren 570s Car Pack Available In Rocket League Now
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18
- Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Betrayal for PC