The BIOS for the X10DAX workstation is the same as the X10DAi, with the exception of a few added key features that support Hyper-Speed.
This is the main BIOS screen, which shows basic system information.
The Advanced tab brings you to the main advanced screen. The difference here is the first menu called "SMC Performance Tuning."
This is the SMC Performance Tuning menu. We can see the listed functions that support Hyper-Speed.
The CPU Vcore Voltage menu allows you to adjust Vcore in small increments, should you need to do so. For our testing, we did not need to increase the Vcore at all, so we left the VID-Offset at 0m Volts.
Looking at the Supermicro Hyper-Speed features. These are very simple to select. This area shows three levels with a fourth that is not recommended. The reason level four is not recommended is that some CPUs may not function at this setting.
In the memory timing section, you can adjust several memory related functions.
Here we are looking at the Boot Feature menu.
Here we are looking at the CPU Configuration menu.
Now we are looking at the Advanced Power Management Configuration menu.
Now we are looking at the North Bridge IIO Configuration menu.
Intel VT for Directed I/O (VT-d):
Select Intel Virtualization Technology support for Direct I/O VT-d support by reporting the I/O device assignments to the VMM (Virtual Machine Monitor) through the DMAR ACPI tables. This feature offers fully-protected I/O resource sharing across Intel platforms, providing greater reliability, security, and availability in networking and data-sharing.
Here we are looking at the QPI General Configuration menu.
Link Frequency Select:
Use this item to select the desired frequency for QPI Link connections. The options are 6.4GB/s, 8.0GB/s, and 9.6GB/s.
Select Enable for Isochronous support to meet QoS (Quality of Service) requirements. This feature is especially important for Virtualization Technology.
Here we are looking at the Memory Configuration menu.
Here is a list of all memory frequencies that the X10DAX supports. Not all memory kits will support every frequency listed here.
Now we are looking at the USB Configuration menu.
Here we see the SATA Configuration menu.
Now we are looking at the sSATA Configuration menu.
Now we are looking at the PCie/PCI/PnP Configuration menu.
Now we are looking at the Intel Thunderbolt Configuration menu.
In addition, we see plenty of boot options for the X10DAX.
The final screen we see is the Save & Exit screen.
The downloads page for the X10DAX includes a Driver CD ISO, which you can mount to install the drivers you need to bring this board alive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Hyper-Speed]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [UnixBench and SPEC CPU2006v1.2]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Heavy Rain/Detroit: Become Human will release on Epic Store
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023