Test System Setup
Our Consumer NAS Test "system" is setup similar to what you have at home. Here we have the base of a GIGABYTE Z97X UD7 TH, housing an Intel Core i7 4770 with 16GB of RAM. Our Operating System of choice is Windows 8 x64 Enterprise with all available updates and patches, installed on a pair of Samsung 840 SSDs. On the networking side, we utilize the Intel PRO1000 PT Server Adapter with a direct connection to each NAS appliance. This eliminates the need for a switch, and any bottlenecks that may occur.
It's hard to think a simple application like the "finder" app could come such a long way, but Thecus has done a remarkable job with the latest revision. Previously, the app was buggy and difficult to use, but now it has undergone a complete redesign, and as you can see above, it lists out all of the information on the appliances found on your home network.
When setting up your NAS, you should note Thecus has deployed two options for creating your RAID array. The first is self-RAID creation that allows the appliance to choose the most suitable mode for the disks installed. Of course, you also have the option to create your own setup with the manual option.
If you choose, Thecus has given users the ability to create an ID, which allows you to use cloud features of the NAS.
Once you have gone through the setup process, and have gained access to your NAS, you will land in the web management menu. When Thecus first moved to this new NAS OS, it was fairly limited as far as options were concerned, but as you can see now, it has really come a long way. Now we have a full array of options in addition to a full setup of applications that can be installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate weekly events: Spirits & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1.2.0 changes: Matchmaking/fighters
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender