Sequential Mixed Read / Write Workloads
In this series of tests, we measure mixed workload performance. We start with 100% read, and then add data writes to the mix in 10% increments until we get to 100% writes. We believe this will be the next major area SSD manufacturers will address, after performance consistency.
Sequential Mixed Workload Bandwidth
To be fair, none of the PCIe based SSDs on the chart today do very well in our mixed workload test with the drives in steady state. The M6e Black Edition 512GB does a little better in some places when compared to the original M6e, but a little worse in others.
Sequential 80% Read / 20% Write Bandwidth
The 80% read / 20% write test is important because it's the same mix of reads and writes that most computer users run on a daily basis.
Random Mixed Workload Response Time
Using mixed read and write workloads with random data fares a bit better on the Black Edition. The new firmware performs much better than the original firmware on the M6e, and also allows the drive to perform better than the XP941 products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Plextor M6e Black Edition 512GB PCIe SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Initial Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda promises deep dive into DOOM Eternal at E3 2019
- Valve boss Gabe Newell talks about Halo coming to the PC
- Master Chief Collection on PC won't support Play Anywhere
- NVIDIA unlocks ray tracing on some GeForce GTX series cards
- Master Chief Collection PC beta tests announced
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- m.2 shows in BIOS Windows installed but not showing in boot list
- Addlink S70 NVMe SSD Review - Phison E12
- Ring of Elysium Unlocks Pinnacle Challenges
- LG OLED TV Brings Home iF Gold Award For Design Excellence
- Electrifying 3v3 Asymmetrical Shooter Aftercharge Premieres New Characters at the Indie Megabooth during PAX East
- VIPER GAMING attends PAX EAST 2019 with New Gaming Products
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!