What You Get
When you rip open the plastic packaging, you're faced with this grouping of items; the pen drive, a 3' (about 1 meter) USB extension cable, a neck/wrist strap, a manual and a disk containing drivers and a few utilities.
As far as drivers go, you'll only have to install them if you're using Win98SE. Anything newer will work as a plug-n-play and anything older won't support USB. As mentioned, there are also some utilities on the disk for such things as synchronizing Outlook Express, encryption, password protection. If these are useful to you, then great. If not, you can simply store the disk away and make use of the 1GB of storage space on this small device.
As far as the drive is concerned, it is one of the smallest I've yet come across. It measures in at a very minute 2.5" (about 6.3 cm) so it will easily fit into a pocket or purse. VisionTek offers drive sizes from 64MB to this 1GB model so there is a good deal of flexibility with regards to how much space you need.
Since the drive is a USB type device, you can simply remove the protective end cap and insert it directly into an empty USB port. Some of the larger drives I've seen require a cable due to the device not leaving enough room to get the end inserted into the port, but that won't be an issue here. If you happen to have USB only accessible from the rear of your machine, you can use the included 3' extension cable to reach the back of the box. Once you insert the drive, Windows will pick it up and assign it a drive letter. It really is that easy.
For those who have had the pleasure of forgetting what was on the pocket drive and erasing it by accident, this feature should bring joy into your life. On the side is a small slider switch that allows you to lock the drive. This is akin to the write protect tab that you might remember from the 3.5" floppy disks. While it might seem a small thing, consider the large amount of space available here and the trouble it could cause to lose that much data.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today