Temperature and Power Consumption
The LIVA X is the clear winner when it comes to power consumption. While it might not be the fastest box on the market, it does a great job conserving power.
These shots are of the top and bottom of the LIVA X while it is sitting idle.
I ran AIDA64 stability test at the same time as 3DMark Vantage to load the CPU, memory, and graphics. The temperature increased 2C on the top side, and the hottest part was the DC power input. The bottom increased 6C, but that is to be expected as the heat sink is located at the bottom of the unit. Overall, these tests prove this unit runs on the cooler side.
It was actually quite hard for me to get it to increase in temperature. The device had been loaded for hours running the benchmarks, and then I applied both stress programs for 30 minutes. I should note that the device sat on my desk and there is good airflow in the test room.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the LIVA X]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [CPU, Graphics, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Vega 20 uses PCIe 4.0, arrives in Q3 2018
- Core i5-8600K has performance similar to Core i7-7700K
- 8700K benchmarks: 10% faster than 7700K at stock clocks
- COLORFUL's new iGame SSDs: up to 3GB/sec read with RGB
- What if Certain Affinity is making a free-to-play Halo?
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM