Installation and Finished Product
To kill two birds with one stone, we went ahead and locked the pair of Intel mounting brackets into the groove in the head unit, and we also went ahead and set the thumbscrews, springs, washers, and nuts into each corner to get ready for installation.
The next thing we did to help simplify the installation was to go ahead and install the fans to the underside of the radiator, as we plan to hang this in the top of our chassis. At this point, we just need to prep the motherboard, and we are good to go.
You will need to slide the nuts at the end to fit whatever Intel spacing you are in need of, but once the covers are peeled off, the tape helps to hold the backplate to the metal socket plate.
All you have left to do then is to apply some paste, and screw down the thumbscrews in an X-pattern until you run out of threads. There should be no movement, and the mount should be very solid when installed correctly.
On the T12, we had some visible daylight between the fittings and the dust cover that sits in the nearest memory slot. However, once we had the S36 installed, we found the fittings are much closer to the memory, and would definitely cause pressure against a stick placed in that slot.
With the Kelvin S36 now installed and ready for our abuse, we found no issues with getting the larger radiator to fit in a case that was definitely not designed to house it where we placed it. With all of the tubing and the ease in which the swivel fittings move, getting it all into place was a breeze.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Kelvin S36 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam