When it comes to quantity of cables and number of connectors, Thermaltake does a fantastic job of giving you everything that you could possibly need to fully load down the unit. Aside from the issue with the 24-pin Main cable being somewhat unruly without any cable management, it would be nice to see some cables of varying length.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Inside the Toughpower Grand 1050W Platinum power supply is a pair of heat sinks wrapping around various components. Thermaltake adds long cooling fins to increase their effectiveness and reduce the reliance on active cooling.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-con caps sit on the primary side of the power supply.
Nippon Chemi-con and Rubycon capacitors are both present on the secondary side of the Toughpower Grand 1050W Platinum.
Thermaltake uses their own 135mm fan to provide the active cooling for the unit as needed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower