Thermaltake's white packaging always adds a feeling of prestige to the unit in question and this is no different. The front of the packaging presents us with a glimpse of the unit and some key features of the unit.
Flipping things around to the back gives us quite a bit more information. The left half of the back highlights build quality, aesthetic design, and the types of cables which Thermaltake uses.
The other half displays the I/O specifications, along with the connector types and quantity.
Both sides are lacking any more information, but do give us the same picture of the power supply that is present on the front.
The bottom of the box covers the same highlights that we've seen elsewhere on the box, but does it in many different languages.
Inside the Box
Everything is well packed and organized inside the box.
There is nearly a full inch of padding on all sides of the unit to protect it during shipping. The unit itself is also wrapped to ensure that the finish isn't marred the least before you take it out of the box.
The Toughpower Grand 1050W Platinum power supply is finished in a semi-gloss black with the I/O specification label on top.
Both sides feature the same design with the opposite being inverted so that the text can be read no matter where this power supply is installed in a case.
The front of the unit is very well labelled for all of the modular connectors.
Turning things around to the back, we are presented with the standard on/off rocker switch and AC input. The exhaust grill is something different, which is always welcomed. Whether or not if affects airflow isn't something we can measure accurately, but it appears to be open enough to allow hot air to escape the unit in an effective way.
Thermaltake cools the Toughpower Grand 1050W Platinum with a 135mm fan. The fan grill follows the long-slotted design of the back of the unit and again adds something different to the unit. Aesthetics have always been a strong point of the Toughpower Grand series and this is no exception.
All cables are of the flat ribbon type.
The 24-pin main cable seems a bit out of place though. It is of the flat ribbon type, but because of the lack of cable wraps or sheathing, it is easy for this cable to become unruly. Just one or two more cable ties around this would have made all the difference.
Also included with the unit is the user's manual, warranty card, AC input cable, and mounting screws.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series