Inside the CHALLENGER Prime
Just in case all of the key caps fall out of the frame, we open membrane boards from the back. When the back section of the frame is lifted off, it exposes the full sheet of plastic that will illuminate, and the light will show between the keys as well as through each key cap.
After removing the plastic panel, and a two layer PCB of switch contacts, we can see that this keyboard surely uses membrane switches, but each switch has an individual cup that is not attached to the rest of the membrane layer across the underside of the key caps.
After doing a bit of digging, and flipping over one of the smaller PCBs inside of the frame, we were able to locate this Holtek HT82A525R MCU. While it is not one of the more popular variants, this chip is more than capable of delivering the specifications and features that the Tt eSPORTS crew offers in the CHALLENGER Prime.
Carefully reassembling the CHALLENGER Prime, we now have it ready for use and powered up. At this point, we could leave it blue, or change it to purple or red; we could turn them off all together, or we can even put them into a breathing mode. What you see is the full intensity of the LEDs, but with a turn of that large dial in the middle, you can lower the LEDs to whatever level you are comfortable with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Prime Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Prime Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon