HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
We've tested several SSDs with Phison S8 controllers in the past, and found the controller's read performance to be very high, until stressed under heavy workloads. The Blaze is just as fast as the top SATA III performers on the market today while reading sequential data back from the drive.
The Blaze 240GB turns in a solid sequential write performance that is in line with the product's price. Write performance and consistency are the traits you pay for on modern SSDs. It's easy for SSDs to read data back at high speed, but write performance is more difficult due to flash density increasing, which lowers parallelization, writing to several flash die at once. This increases performance, but when less die are used, the write speed suffers.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
After writing to the Blaze 240GB with a reasonable number of sequential and random writes, we tested the drive with HD Tach to measure sequential performance, and to look for write speed deviation. The Blaze pulled through the test well. Since we first tested the controller two years ago, Phison has worked on the firmware for the S8 to deliver performance that is more consistent.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon