CloudSpeed Eco Internals
The SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco comes in a 2.5" form factor with a slim 7mm z-height. The SSD features the 6Gb/s SATA connection, and the fasteners are sealed with Loctite to prevent loosening in high-vibration environments.
The PCB is nestled snugly inside a custom-molded case without any additional internal fasteners. The large pink thermal pad actually doesn't have a component underneath; the SSD controller resides on the flip side of the PCB. The Eco cools the controller by pulling heat from the underside and shedding it into the case.
16 total packages of SanDisk 19nm NAND provide 960GB of user-addressable capacity. We also note the 14 power capacitors on the rear of the PCB, and open pads for additional capacitors on the top. These capacitors, in tandem with firmware optimizations, persist any data in-flight to the NAND media in the event of host power loss.
The proven and reliable Marvell 88SS9189-BLD2 controller runs SanDisk's proprietary firmware implementation that features the Guardian Technology Platform. Two 512MB Micron DRAM packages flank the controller to provide a total of 1GB of DDR3-1600 cache.
CloudSpeed Eco Specifications
The CloudSpeed Eco is available with the SDLFNDAR-240G-1HXX, SDLFNDAR-480G-1HXX, and SDLFNDAR-960G-1HXX part numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower